Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Works for me!

Last week I was called up by Mr. Buttons and asked if I could scoot down to his home town and do some drawings for the T.V. studio he works for. I, at first, was all like, "I don't know I would have to take a day off work, drive for three hours and then drive all the way home... No, no I don't think it's worth it, sorry." Then Mr. B, being the super genius he is, hands the phone over to the nice young producer lady and she asks me the same thing. I'm all like "Um- Okay I can be there in three hours!" Damn my weakness for the fairer sex!!

So I get to R-town and find the studio. We fill out the needed paper work and I am shown the two characters I have to sketch. The contract was for two characters to be drawn with a couple of wacky inventions attached to them. Not detailed, not inked and no clean up... just sketches. So after meeting the director, super cool and nice guy and his grip I sat down at a table, they set up and 4 minutes later I was done. Four minutes!! I made more then my days wage working a ten hour shift at the plant in four minutes then the producer tells me she also scored me mileage.

SWEET!!

Needless to say then next time they call I will be there before they hang up the phone! I mean if I want to do this for a living maybe I should start getting myself out there. I really hope they call me back... soon.