Monday, February 4, 2008

A day late and a dollar short...sorry!!

It's late and I am sorry but I’m gunna try to make my Sunday night weekend post a story of yester year. A tale of old, drunk good ol’ times!! Most of my friends, if they weren’t there, have heard them but here you are the rest of the world, hang on it’s a fin ride.

So like most 20 some kids I drank, I drank on weekends mostly for a good reason. You know a birthday, a holiday or some sort of big life changing event. We wre not weekend worriers by any means. This was a weekend at the lake for volley ball. Every summer Tomas invites me up the cabin for volly ball. A sweet cabin I must say, two floors, a mini bar and a shower outside! So Garson and I head up to the lake and we sit on the beach for most of the morning/afternoon drinking bears. There we are in the sun watching the girl volley ball players jump around, a great start to an awesome weekend. We eat some burgers and fries, drink more beers and watch more girls as the afternoon rolls into the supper hour. Now it’s time to hang out inside the Mac Point Bar. There was a band playing that night and Garson know the bass player so we decided to stay for the show, and we drank some more beers. The band arrived, set up and we hung out with the drummer’s girlfriend because she didn’t know anyone at the bar. Way cute girlfriend. You know that kinda girl that even at 23, happily married make you get that squeaky teenager voice again. The show started and we had just finished our beer when the cutie we just met decides she’s going to get us a round of drinks, sweet. I’ll take vodka anything and I can’t remember what Garson asked for. We drank them up and she went back for a second round, SWEET!! About 10 rounds later… the band stops playing and the bar closes a bunch of us are now hanging out outside in the parking lot and having a party. Coolers are being whipped out and some people are getting rides home or boating home because they live across the lake. Garson and I lost out new friend and end up hanging out with the base player. It’s announced that there is a party at another lo-cal in a hotel room. We pile into a truck, I think it was white and we head off to this party. Like we need more to drink! I think I fought with that seatbelt the whole ride there and as we pulled into the parking lot of the hotel it finally worked. This little hotel room had about 30 or so people in it, that’s a super drunk estimation on my part, and I felt hot and sick and I didn’t want to blow chinks in front of a crowd so I went outside. As I left I passed Garson grabbed his shoulder and told him I need some air. As I left a rush of cold air hit me and just as I started to feel good someone passed buy me that decided to use the whole bottle of perfume that night. I couldn’t hold it, so as I walked back to the car I started to hurl. Straight down my favourite Spice Girls shirt. I am so sorry Baby Spice! I didn't stop walking as this was all going on.
Now I am tired, I smell bad and I’m pretty sure I can’t see. The only way I’m making it back to the cabin alive is if I find the truck we came in and sit on the ground and wait for the rest of them to come back to the truck. I sit, lean against the tire and then I pass out.
All of a sudden I feel a hand grab my leg and pull me out from under the vehicle. GARSON!!! Oh crap he looks pissed off. He says to me as I stand up, “Dude you fell a sleep UNDER A CAR! And we’ve been looking for you for like 2 hours!!” My response, “Why? I was waiting for you guy here at the truck cuz I told myself if I sleep next to the car we came here in they can’t leave with out me!” Garson grabs my heads turns it and says, “That’s the truck me came in.” And proceeds to point down a row of cars about 7 or 8 long, it’s at the end. So we pile back into the white truck and someone took us back to my car still at the bar. Now I’m still drunk and I know there is no way I’m driving until the morning. I ask Garson if he’s gunna sleep in the car even though I knew he wouldn’t. Good lord even I couldn’t take the smell. So I crawl into my car, lay the seat back, crack the window and go to sleep.
The sun shows up early but we all decide to ignore it until about 9:30 or 10:00. So I’m now cooking in my car and so is the crap on my Spice Girls shirt. I take stock as to where I am and what’s around me. To my right and up 1 stall is the white truck with the tale gate open and a pair of feet sticking out. To the right of the truck is a pup tent… a pup tent, what the hell? Garson crawls out of the tent and his back is wet… like, lay down in the kids pool, get just your back wet wet. So I gotta ask, “Um, dude where did you get the tent?” Garson, “Found it.” Me, “Why is your back wet?” Garson looking for our cooler in the back of my car, “I forgot to open the vents, I was cookin’ in my own juices in there and I feel like crap… my back… oww.” Well I’m sure it would have been a much more comfy night had he pitched the tent on the grass that was 2 feet away instead of the parking lot. He hands me a beer and we crack them open… it’s go time for day two or our weekend.